[复制链接]

主题

好友

1万

积分

终极会员

61#
发表于 2010-3-28 22:40 |只看该作者
I am  not  a  pure   Beijing  person .  So  I  probablely   pronunce  some  mistakes  with   pinyin.
I  have  corrected   it.
Thanks.
珍惜眼前  好好过每一天

主题

好友

1万

积分

终极会员

新城巡逻猫

62#
发表于 2010-3-28 23:03 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 不吃鱼的猫 于 2010-3-29 00:09 编辑

today I have given a little information of airport to two guests in hotel with speaking English,and now I feel so hard to speak English
oggi ho dato un po' informazione dell'aeroporto a due clienti in albergo parlando inglese,,e ora mi sento tanto difficile di parlare inglese,,
我们是猫,快乐的猫
独来独往,没有虚伪,不会讨好

主题

好友

1万

积分

终极会员

63#
发表于 2010-3-29 05:59 |只看该作者
maomao  , the  language  must  be  used   just like  you   always  speak  italian   during  your  work .     take  it   easy~
珍惜眼前  好好过每一天

主题

好友

积分

超级会员

64#
发表于 2010-3-29 06:21 |只看该作者
Amber classmates, you got up really early
这世道做人不要太好,否则会被别人认为你有阴谋。

主题

好友

1万

积分

终极会员

65#
发表于 2010-3-29 07:01 |只看该作者
i  must  get  up  early  today   because  i  have  to  the   place  before 7:30  ~  now  i  get  off  the  bus !
珍惜眼前  好好过每一天

主题

好友

积分

中级会员

66#
发表于 2010-3-29 13:15 |只看该作者
This is my news article written in the year of 2001. Please enjoy it.

Foreign Students at Tibet University

(May 2001. Tibet, China. )
(Originally in Chinese)  

I originally made an appointment for an interview with John, a Spanish student at Tibet University, but when I arrived at his dormitory at the agreed time, the only person there was his classmate, Ruben Varela. Since John had urgent business I had to change my plans and make Ruben, who never dreamt he would ever be buttonholed by a reporter, especially in Tibet, the subject of the interview.
          Ruben, 29, is from New York. After graduating from college, he worked for a government aid agency. For him, these were "very comfortable" days. New York City is known in the United States for its large numbers of Chinese inhabitants. As a child, Ruben was scared of these "odd-looking" easterners, and thought that he and they came from two different planets, until he entered middle school, and became close friends with a Chinese boy. "He was often bullied by other schoolboys, and I would always come to his rescue," recalled Ruben. From that time onwards he felt an affinity with China, and in 1998 he flew across the Pacific Ocean to Hong Kong.
        Ruben finds it difficult to explain why he left the U.S. for China so precipitately. "My boss tried to get me to change my mind by promising me a promotion and raise in salary. He told me that China was backward and poor, and that the people there were deprived of personal freedom. My mom wept at the thought of my being so far from home. She had no idea about China at all, and was afraid that I might never return home. But my life now could not be any better," Ruben declared, contentedly. "China is utterly fascinating, especially Tibet. I love Lhasa."
        When in Hong Kong, Ruben started a refrigerator magnet business with his Chinese friend. Also having sculpting skills, Ruben found no difficulty in making a living there. He made trips to many cities on the mainland, including Shanghai, Nanjing, Xi'an, Jinan, and Hangzhou. "Never go to Wuhan in summer, it is sweltering," said Ruben with a grimace, fanning himself with his hand.
        In September 1999 Ruben moved to Beijing, but found that metropolises such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, where people are hell-bent on their relentless pursuit of money, are not to his liking." I saw similarly money-grubbing types in the United States, so I think people in big cities such as these suffer from the same syndrome," was his comment. In October 2000 Ruben arrived in Lhasa, his idea of heaven. He was ecstatic at the sight of the Potala Palace atop the Red Mountain, the Jokhang Temple shrouded in sandalwood smoke, and the bustling Barkor Street. "This is what I want," Ruben concluded.
        Ruben is studying Chinese at Tibet University and greatly admires the Canadian D.J. of CCTV4. "It would be great if I could speak Chinese as well as he does," he said, longingly.
        Our talk was interrupted by John, who rushed in and apologized to me, explaining that he would have to leave again in a moment. John, 27, majored in Physical Education at Columbia, and was in his college football team. When he first came to China, he could speak neither Chinese nor English. The first time he had dinner at a small restaurant here he was completely baffled by the menu, which was printed exclusively in Chinese. The restaurant boss thoughtfully recommended tangcu liji (sweet and sour saute fillet) to him. When the dish was served, his eyes almost popped out, and he wolfed down the whole dish in a few minutes. From then onwards John would, whenever eating out, always order tangculiji in his halting Chinese. In 1997 he entered Tibet University in order to study Chinese, and is now much more fluent, being able to order several popular Chinese dishes himself, including jingjiang rousi (shredded pork with soya paste), tieban niuliu (grilled shredded beef) and tudou shao niurou (beef stewed with potato). At this point in the interview John had to stop and leave. As he hurried out of the door, he ran into his German neighbor Sonja.
        Sonja was flattered when I told her that she looked much younger than her 34 years. This blond, athletic lady is keen on travel and exploration. She has been to 44 countries around the world, including Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Canada, India, and Kuwait. Her knowledge has increased with each country she has visited, but her favorite place is Tibet. "I will live in Tibet the rest of my life, after getting married and having children. Here I can see sacred mountains, holy lakes and the Potala Palace whenever I like," she said, emphatically. As a graduate of the Biological Department of Berlin University, Sonja worked in the field of biology in Germany before leaving for her tour of the world. She did not begin studying Chinese until February this year, so she still understands little Chinese. She needs to spend a substantial amount of time on Chinese study every day, and sometimes studies right through the night. Her Tibetan teacher, Yangjain, is very kind, and always glad to help with any problems Sonja might encounter in her studies. Apart from all this, she has now made several good friends here.
        Although from diverse countries and backgrounds, Ruben, John and Sonja all have a deep affection for Tibet. At present there are 42 foreign students at Tibet University, most of whom regard Tibet as their ideal home, and China as a compelling destination.
        Tibet University began enrolling foreign students in 1993. Most of them major in Chinese, while others study the Tibetan language, and Tibetan fine arts and music. To date, the university has registered 290 foreign students from 26 countries, including the US, the UK, Germany, France, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Australia and Belgium.
        Ruben loves Lhasa, regarding it as the holy land of his heart. As a Christian, Ruben devoutly believes in God, and that He lives in his heart. His biggest hope is to work as a teacher in China's frontier provinces after graduation. He would like to go to the poor and needy regions, where people most need his help. "Because I love your country," Ruben concluded, with a sincere smile.  (End)

(http://www.chinatoday.com.cn/china/Tibet/023.htm)

主题

好友

1万

积分

终极会员

67#
发表于 2010-3-29 14:45 |只看该作者
Thank  for  your  new  article.                      i   can  not  read  the  whole  article ,because   i  use  the  phone  to  look  our  web.          i  suggest   some  shortsentences  or  sayings  may  be  provided.      Thanks  a   lot!
珍惜眼前  好好过每一天

主题

好友

1万

积分

终极会员

68#
发表于 2010-3-29 15:31 |只看该作者
i  received  a phone message from  3w  wheni  was   listening  the  class   of  new  tax   policy ~
珍惜眼前  好好过每一天

主题

好友

积分

终极会员

69#
发表于 2010-3-29 18:06 |只看该作者
who or what is 3w?
冬眠......

主题

好友

1万

积分

终极会员

70#
发表于 2010-3-29 20:42 |只看该作者
She   is  a  neighbor.  we  phoned   each  other  to  talk  about  learning  english.
珍惜眼前  好好过每一天

主题

好友

积分

中级会员

71#
发表于 2010-3-29 22:38 |只看该作者
This is one of my news works written in 2001,the original version was in Chinese. It was translated in English (see above) 9 years ago. This news article left me with fond memories. Time flies by so fast. Those happy things remind me of terrific time.

Please enjoy this Chinese-version news article:  

西藏大学里的留学生

鲁宾(Ruben Varela)没有想过他这一生能和记者遭遇,特别是在中国西藏的拉萨。

推开西藏大学留学生楼二层218房间半掩着的门,本和记者约好采访时间的约翰(John),此时却换成了一脸惊讶表情的鲁宾。无奈,由于约翰有事暂时消失,记者只好把鲁宾当成了预约采访的对象,尽管鲁宾还有些摸不着头脑。
    记者走进鲁宾和约翰的房间,鲁宾一屁股就坐到了地毯上,仰着头,直白地问:“你想知道些什么?”
    于是,采访开始杂乱而有序地进行了。
    29岁的鲁宾是一个美国人,家住纽约市。他大学毕业后,就在当地专门负责救济穷人的一个政府部门工作,鲁宾形容那时的日子过得“very comfortable(非常舒适)”。纽约是美国著名的华裔聚居区,因此鲁宾很小时,就看到与西方人长像不同的“古怪”的华人。鲁宾说,他最初见到华人时,有恐惧感,“我觉得我们是生活在两个世界里的人”。阴差阳错,鲁宾中学时最好的朋友,就是一名华人。“当时,他总遭到其他人的欺负和围攻,我就经常帮助他。”鲁宾说。以后,鲁宾就一直没有脱离与中国的干系,直到有一天,他真的付诸行动,从大洋比岸的美国跑到了中国的香港。那一年是1998年。
    鲁宾能有勇气到香港,用他的话说是:“我都不知道怎么回事,就到了香港。离开美国前,我的老板甚至用加薪和升职的办法,劝说我留下,并说中国是一个非常落后的国家,又穷又不自由。我妈妈哭了,她说我一走,就走那么远,她不知道中国到底是什么样儿,怕我是有去无回。”“我活得好极了!”鲁宾得意地说,“中国非常美丽迷人,尤其是西藏,我喜欢拉萨这个城市。”
    鲁宾能到香港,也是因为一个华人朋友的极力邀请。刚到香港时,他和他的华人朋友经理一起做冰箱贴的生意。鲁宾还会雕塑,因此赚钱谋生不算难。他跑过中国的好些城市,上海、南京、西安、济南、杭州……“夏天千万不要去武汉,热得很!”鲁宾用手做着煽风的动作,呲牙咧嘴地说。 1999年9月,鲁宾到了北京。他说他不喜欢像北京、上海、广州这样的发达城市,人似乎都在为钱卖命。“我在美国时,总看到那些爱钱如命的人,所以认为中国发达城市里的人也是一样的。”尽管如此,鲁宾还是在北京住了一年的时间。2000年10月,鲁宾来到了他梦想中的天堂——拉萨。看到巍峨耸立在红山之巅的布达拉宫、香烟弥漫的大昭寺、人群熙攘的八廓街……鲁宾兴奋极了。他说,“这就是我想要的。”
    鲁宾在西藏大学学的是中文,他非常羡慕中央4台当主持人的那个加拿大人,“我要是能像他一样把汉语说得那么流利,那我真是太伟大了!”
    说话间,约翰没头脑地闯了进来,一脸歉意地对记者说,他刚才有事,呆会儿还有事,让我原谅他不能接受采访。约翰27岁,是哥伦比亚人,因此英语里夹杂着令人费解的西班牙语。约翰毕业于哥伦比亚麦德林大学体育专业,酷爱足球,是学校足球队的成员。如今,他把足球从哥伦比亚踢到了西藏的拉萨。刚到中国时,约翰既不会说汉语也不会说英语。进饭馆吃饭时,望着看不懂的菜谱不知所措,好心的老板建议他点糖醋里脊。香喷喷的糖醋里脊一上桌,就让约翰眼球放光,他不顾一切地吃了个底儿朝天。此后,约翰只要一进餐馆,就用生硬的汉语点“糖醋里脊”,且屡试不爽。1997年,约翰来到西藏大学学习中文,而今中文水平已经今非昔比,能用流利的汉语点“土豆烧牛肉”、“京酱肉丝”、“铁板牛柳”等“名吃”了。约翰只说到这儿,因有急事不得不离开,匆忙间拉门出去,撞上了邻居——来自德国的索妮亚(Sonja)。
    索妮亚34岁,记者赞她看不出像30多岁的人,她高兴万分,圆睁着一双蓝眼睛,用怀疑的口吻问:“为什么说我年轻?”答曰:“45岁以下都算年轻人。”她再次握紧我的手,表示感谢。
    一头金发的索妮亚喜欢旅游和历险。她去过44个国家:秘鲁、玻利维亚、智利、加拿大、印度、科威特……,她说每到一个国家,都能学到很多东西,但最喜欢的地方还是西藏。“我会永远在西藏住下,成家结婚生子,因为这里可以随时看到神山圣湖、布达拉宫。”索妮亚曾是柏林大学生物系的学生,游历世界前,曾在德国做过一段时间的生物科学工作。今年2月,她来到拉萨,开始学习中文,由于学中文时间尚短,她几乎还听不懂中国话,只会说英语和德语。索妮亚说,为此,她要花很长的时间学习中文,有时甚至要熬通宵。索妮亚的藏族中文老师央金对她非常好,每当她遇到不懂的地方时,央金都非常耐心地帮助她。记者问索妮亚有没有中国朋友,她肯定地点了点头。 鲁宾、约翰、索妮亚,3个人来自不同的国家,但都对中国的西藏有一种认同感。目前藏大有留学生42人,他们中大部分都认为西藏是他们理想中的家园,中国是他们想往的地方。
    西藏大学自1993年开始接收外国留学生,他们在藏大主要学习中文,其次是藏语文、藏族美术和藏族音乐等。截至目前,西藏大学共招收长、短期留学生近290人,分别来自美国、德国、法国、日本、韩国、澳大利亚、比利时、英国等26个国家。
    鲁宾说,他喜欢拉萨是因为他心中一直对拉萨怀有某种神圣感。鲁宾信仰基督教,他认为世界上“有上帝存在,并且上帝就活在他的心中”。鲁宾最大的愿望就是毕业后,到中国的边疆省份去支教,“哪儿地方穷我就去哪儿”。他喜欢到贫穷的地方,去帮助那些需要帮助的人,如中国的青海、宁夏、新疆等地。
    “因为我热爱你们的祖国。”鲁宾最后真诚地说。(完)

主题

好友

积分

终极会员

72#
发表于 2010-3-30 06:11 |只看该作者
Hey guys! Nice meeting you here!

It is really a nice club for learning English. Thank you, Hupo JJ (don't think Amber is a good translation of your name), for all your efforts.

I am happy to see it works well and people are passionate to join, young or old.

Right now I am in the US. I will 'report' my daily updates for you guys, and of course nice pictures.

Enjoy your day!

主题

好友

1万

积分

终极会员

73#
发表于 2010-3-30 07:45 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 喜欢琥珀 于 2010-3-30 15:08 编辑

Thank  you  so  much , mm . i  am  so  happy  to  see   your  appear .   it  will  make  progress  our  english  because  of   your  profession   .we   are   looking  forward  for  your  pictures   and  articles~
珍惜眼前  好好过每一天

主题

好友

1万

积分

终极会员

74#
发表于 2010-3-30 11:33 |只看该作者
enjoy  to  speak   english~
珍惜眼前  好好过每一天

主题

好友

1万

积分

终极会员

75#
发表于 2010-3-30 11:53 |只看该作者
Thank  you  so  much , mm . i  am  so  happy  to  see   your  disappear .   it  will  make  progress  our  english  because  of   your  profession   .we   are   looking  forward  for  your  pictures   ...
喜欢琥珀 发表于 2010-3-30 07:45

should be appear,hehe

cheer up,go on !
发生在别人身上的叫故事,发生在自己的...叫真实
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

手机版|Archiver|长安新城

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 17:33 , Processed in 0.050635 second(s), 18 queries .